Getting Started with Online Courses
Whether you are a first-time online course student or a returning online course student, below is an important checklist for getting started with online courses at Kishwaukee College.
- Browse the online course offerings on the Schedules page to choose an online course.
- If after browsing the online course schedules you have a question concerning a specific course's curriculum and/or requirements, you can e-mail the instructor of that course by searching for the instructor in the Staff Directory.
- Register for the online course through Admissions, Records and Registration or your KishSOS account. For more information on registering, visit the Registration/Records section of this website, call (815) 825-2086, ext. 2470, or visit the office located in C2100 on campus.
- Once enrolled and your registration confirmed on your schedule, get familiar with online courses by reviewing all of the information at the Online Courses section of this website.
- Note the start date of your online course listed under Schedules. Access to classes within the Brightspace system will not be active until 12 a.m. on that date.
- Check the compatibility of your computer's Internet browser software (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Opera, etc.) by visiting the Computer Requirements and the Brightspace System Check.
- Purchase the textbook(s) for your course by visiting the Online Bookstore, or, you can also buy textbook(s) from the traditional "brick and mortar" Bookstore, located in A-100 on campus, or by phone at (815) 825-2086, ext 2270.
- To get oriented with online courses at Kishwaukee College please visit the Orientation Information page to review the Brightspace Student Essentials PDF document and the accompanying documentation..
- Take a moment to get familiar with myKC (the college's portal) and your KishID and password which you will use to log in to the Brightspace system. For more information regarding KishIDs, please visit the KishID Account Setup page.
- If you are having trouble logging in to myKC or the Brightspace learning environment, please visit the KishID Account Setup page. If after visiting the KishID Account Setup page you are still experiencing difficulties with logging in, please contact the Kishwaukee College Help Desk at (815) 825-2086, ext. 4357 (HELP).
- After your course has begun and you have successfully logged in, enjoy your online learning experience!
- If you have any questions or experience any problems with Brightspace, please contact the online learning coordinator:
Phone: (815) 825-2086, ext. 3310
Office: Media Services, A1252