Kishwaukee College Foundation Awards
Thanks to the generosity of businesses, associations and individuals, the Kishwaukee College Foundation is able to offer scholarships to eligible students each year. Applications are accepted and students selected during the spring semester, with awards distributed in the fall semester. Students may also apply during the fall semester for scholarship awards distributed during the spring semester.
These scholarships reward student achievement, encourage student leadership and accomplishment, and provide financial assistance for books, fees, and tuition only. Students are awarded on a competitive basis and an applicant’s GPA, activities, financial need and personal statements may be used in evaluating applications that meet each scholarship’s specific requirements.
We will begin accepting applications for the Spring 2016 semester beginning September 14, 2015 and running through November 13, 2015. All applications must be submitted through our on-line application process. If you need assistance, please contact:
Kishwaukee College Foundation
Phone: 815-825-2086 ext. 2660
2015 Paul Simon Student Essay Contest
April is Illinois Community College Month! In honor of this special event, the Illinois Community College Trustees Association (ICCTA) and Kishwaukee College are sponsoring the Paul Simon Student Essay Contest for community college students on the topic "How My Community College has Changed My Life."
- From Kishwaukee College - The local winner will receive Spring Semester 2015 tuition and fees reimbursement.
- From ICCTA - The state winner will receive a $500 cash stipend for educational expenses for the Fall 2015 Semester.
- The state winner will be invited to the ICCTA's annual Awards Banquet on June 5, 2015 in Schaumburg, IL. Travel and banquet expenses will be paid by ICCTA. The winning essay will be printed in the Illinois Trustee newsletter.
- Currently enrolled part-time or full-time Illinois Community College students.
- Typed essay of 500 words or less addressing the topic "How My Community College Has Changed My Life"
- Submitted to Kishwaukee College Financial Aid Office by March 20, 2015.
- Official entry form attached to essay.
- Winner at Kishwaukee College to be present for recognition and award at Kishwaukee College Board of Trustees meeting on April 14, 2015 at tentatively 5:30 p.m.
- Each entry will be judged on the basis of writing style, clarity of expression, and relevancy to the topic, with special emphasis placed on correct grammar and punctuation.
Additional Scholarships Information
The Kishwaukee Financial Aid Office also has information and applications on several scholarships available to Kishwaukee students, including the Achievement Awards. The Achievement Awards are 20 tuition waivers available to incoming first year students who graduated from district high schools the spring prior to enrolling in Kishwaukee College. These include awards for academic excellence, journalism, forensics, and student government/leadership. Applications are available through the high school guidance offices beginning in early spring each year.
Money Talks: Scholarships
The following websites are a great place to start a private scholarship search:
- The College Board https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/scholarship-search
- College Toolkit Scholarship Search http://scholarships.collegetoolkit.com/scholarship/main.aspx
- CollegeNET’s MACH 25 Scholarship Database http://www.collegenet.com/mach25/app
- FastWeb Scholarship Search http://www.fastweb.com/
- FinAid Scholarship Search http://www.finaid.org/
- Fresch Free Scholarship Search http://www.freschinfo.com/
- Illinois Student Assistance Commission http://www.isac.org
- Sallie Mae Scholarship Search https://www.collegeanswer.com/scholarships/index.aspx
- Scholarship Experts http://www.scholarshipexperts.com/
- Zinch Scholarship Search http://www.zinch.com/scholarships/
Financial Aid Resources for Minority Students
- American Indian College Fund http://www.collegefund.org/
- Bureau of Indian Education http://www.bie.edu/ParentsStudents/Grants/index.htm
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities http://www.hacu.net
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund http://www.hispanicfund.org/
- National Urban League http://www.nul.org/
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund http://www.thurgoodmarshallfund.net/
- United Negro College Fund http://www.uncf.org/