Veterans Programs

Supporty Our Veterans Click below to view:
Support for Active Duty and Veteran Students

The Financial Aid/Veterans Affairs Office will provide assistance and enrollment certification for veterans who wish to use their military and G I Bill® benefits at Kishwaukee College.

*The Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG) is the only veterans program available to students enrolled in the Aviation (AVF) program. This program is NOT eligible for monthly GI Bill® benefits.

What programs are available at Kishwaukee College?

Programs include, but are not limited to, the following:
Federal Programs:

  • Montgomery G.I. Bill® (Chapter 30)
  • Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Chapter 33)
  • Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1606)
  • REAP – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
  • Veterans Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 32)
  • Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
  • Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)
  • Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)

State of Illinois Programs:

The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) can be a good resource for Active Duty personnel. It provides various forms of relief for:

  • Active duty Servicemembers in the Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine Corps or Navy
  • Reservists in active federal Service
  • National Guard members in active federal Service
  • Dependents of Servicemembers in active duty (some benefits only)

You can check this information out at:

How do I apply?

  • Applicants must complete the necessary VA forms available at the Financial Aid Office or online through the VA's VONAPP website.
  • Proof of your military service record and official transcripts for all previous college work must be submitted.
  • Proof of birth, marriage and divorce certificates is required for certain veteran programs.
  • Eligible veterans must complete an enrollment certification request form for each term that they would like to use their benefits. Enrollment certifications request forms are available at the Financial Aid Office or they can be downloaded by clicking the link below.

Enrollment Certification Request Form

What academic requirements must I meet to be eligible to use my Veterans benefits?

Veterans must maintain satisfactory academic progress to continue receiving monthly benefits and/or state grant programs.  These programs include Illinois Veteran Grant, Illinois National Guard Scholarship, Illinois MIA/POW Scholarship, GI Bill monthly benefits, such as Montgomery GI Bill®, National Guard/Select Reserve, REAP, VEAP, Post 9-11 GI Bill®. Please refer to the link below for information on how satisfactory academic progress is determined.

Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements for Veterans Attending Kishwaukee College


Where can I find help?

Contact LaVerna Lyons in the Financial Aid/Veterans Affairs C2150, 815-825-2086, ext. 2240.
United States Department of Veterans Affairs

Twitter Facebook Youtube Foursquare

Supporting our Veterans