Students who are able to document a disability that has a related impact for testing, may be eligible for accommodations for the Kishwaukee College Placement tests. Please follow these steps:
- As with all students, you must submit a Student Information Form. This process will secure a student ID number for you, which is needed to schedule your placement test and meet with a Counselor for your class advisement.
- If the only accommodation you are requesting is extended testing time, please contact the Counseling Office at 815-825-9514 and schedule an appointment to take the placement tests. No need to mention that you need accommodations nor that you have a disability here. All students have unlimited time on the placement tests.
- If you are requesting an audio (taped) version of the test, need a private room or need physical assistance completing a scantron answer sheet, then you would contact Disability Services/Assistive Resources Center at 815-825-2931 and tell the staff that you are requesting one or more of the above accommodations for the placement tests.
- Staff will assist you in setting an appointment with Testing Services.
- You will be instructed to bring documentation of your disability to Disability Services/Assistive Resources Center prior to your testing appointment. The office is located in room A1317.
- Disability Services staff will guide you to Testing Services where you will complete your exams with the appropriate accommodations.
It is suggested that you make a follow up appointment with Disability Services either before or after your placement tests so your classroom accommodations and supports can be discussed. In most cases, if you performed best using accommodations on the placement test then you’ll want those accommodations in your classrooms.